Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I'm back, it's fall. hi.






Things are changing around here. I'm not sure exactly in which ways, but I would like to learn to use my camera and write more about food. I'm trying to live with more intent and purpose, spending time on things that bring me pleasure or that spread joy.

I'm not one for resolutions in January, but when the light starts changing and the wind starts blowing at the end of summer, I take the urge to renew and reexamine seriously. This is such a bountiful time of year; I'm feeling sad. Must refocus.

It's easy to live simply when tomato smashed on toast with salt and olive oil, and maybe some cheese, is the most satisfying meal.


My mother sent this text to my phone the other day:

All this is full. All that is full.
From fullness, fullness comes.
When fullness is taken from fullness,
fullness remains.
The Upanishads

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.