Friday, April 5, 2013

Orange miso farro and kale salad

Today I had food prep to do in the kitchen. I needed to hard boil some eggs for the baby, roast some potatoes, figure out something to take to work for dinner, and start using up that giant bag of baby kale I bought at Costco. I picked up a bag of farro recently, because we're eating more grains and bloggers everywhere love it, and we haven't tried it yet. I put some on to boil and the makings for this salad leapt into the bowl.

This is a healthy and filling lunch. I'll be making many more farro salads with seasonal fruits and veggies. 



Orange Miso Farro and Kale Salad

 1 orange, juiced
1 tablespoon fresh miso paste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 onion, minced
2 carrots, chopped or grated
2 oranges, chopped
2 1/2 cups cooked farro
4 cups baby kale
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup almonds

In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, miso paste, olive oil, sesame oil, and lemon juice. Add the onion, carrots, oranges, farro, and baby kale and toss well.

Top with dried cranberries and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.