Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby's favorite recipes


Avocado, coconut oil, frozen peas, banana, hard boiled egg, sweet potato, and whole-milk  plain yogurt. This is all you really need to make homemade baby food. These foods are in heavy rotation in my babe's diet. You don't need any fancy choppers, dicers or containers, just a fork and a minute to mash things in a bowl.

Here are a few of my babe's favorite recipes. He is 11 months and has 8 teeth and is doing well with a chunkier consistency. I try to make sure he eats something green (like peas, broccoli, or spinach) and something orange (like sweet potato, squash, or carrots) every day. I also add some healthy fats if he's eating only smashed fruits or veggies. We like coconut oil, olive oil, and occasionally organic butter.


Avi's Avicado
1/4 avocado
1 hard boiled egg yolk
1-2 tablespoons whole-milk plain yogurt or large curd cottage cheese
Mush in a bowl. This is also good spread on toast and cut into small pieces for baby to feed himself.


Monkey Mash
 1/2 sweet potato
1/2 banana
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Mush together in a bowl.


Peasto
1/4 cup frozen peas, cooked until soft
1 egg yolk or 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
a drizzle of olive oil
Mush lightly with a fork. I leave the peas large enough that babe can feed himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.