Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pickled Peppers


I picked the last of the hot peppers from the garden and put them in a jar with vinegar, water, salt, and garlic cloves and ran them through the water bath. Easy peasy. Now I can pull the pepper plants to make room for fall crops.

Pickled Peppers
1 pint

2 cups mixed hot peppers (these are habanero and fresno)
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
a few garlic cloves, peeled

Mix up the water, vinegar and salt in a large measuring cup and stir until the salt dissolves. In a sterilized jar, pack the garlic cloves and peppers. Cover with the brine mixture and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.