Friday, November 9, 2012

Intentions


Part of simplicity and mindfulness is living with intention. I've believed for a long time that it's not what we think that matters, but what we do. I want the things I do to reflect my beliefs and values. I want to do fewer things that are incongruous, impulsive, or unkind.

I want to stop purchasing drug-store beauty products that are tested on animals and full of chemicals that probably cause cancer or disrupt the environment.
I want to drink California wines while in California, and Italian wines while in Italy. Same for olive oil.
I want to buy gifts this holiday season from local craftspeople and businesses. I want to support local business in general.
I want to spend more time reading, writing, taking photos, making things, dancing, conversing, and engaging, not mindlessly consuming media.
Eat more vegetarian meals.
Listen to music. 
I'm interested in bringing healthcare back into the home and the very local (microlocal? is that a thing yet? it should be.) community through herbalism, nutrition, midwifery, breastfeeding support, etc.

Some changes I'm making recently:
Switching from mainstream cleaning products to vinegar, baking soda, castile soap, and essential oils.
Menu-planing more, cooking creatively, and wasting less.
Eating what's in the garden.
Eating what's nutritious. Food is medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.