Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving notes

We got really busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and I totally bombed Nablopowrimo! Oh well, there's always next year.

We had a whole big Thanksgiving to-do over here, and for the most part it went pretty darn well. We used several recipes from our new indispensable cookbook, The Science of Cooking, and our roast turkey was pretty awesome. I wish I had pictures, but the person I delegated photography to was probably busy playing with the baby.

Things got tense in the kitchen a few times. Here are some things I learned for next year:
Keeping the mashed potatoes warm in the crock pot will work, just be sure to get them in there hot!
Wash and set aside enough place settings beforehand
Start the dinner rolls and the turkey 2 days before the big day
Learn to carve the turkey

And the most important thing: Relax! As long as there's enough wine, good cheer, and good gravy, no one cares if the turkey is dry or the mashed potatoes are gluey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.